This is a Continued Professional Development Course of 30 hrs approximately: 4 months
On course completion, one should be able to:
Incorporate Screening and Brief intervention in their clinical practice
Differentiating the various factors leading to Addiction/abuse by integrating hereditary, neurobiological and Psycho-social factors for a holistic approach
Select appropriate and safe pharmacological agents on the basis of best evidence as well as the patient profile for alcohol use disorder
Review psychosocial management
Decision making in referring the patient to expert
- This is learning repository for Trainees, Residents, Faculty and staff working at Centre for Addiction Medicine
- The access will be during the duration of posting at Centre for Addiction Medicine.
- This also will have materials for weekly academic of CAM
- Please use hyperlink for uploading rather than full material in view of space constraint in cloud.
- Teacher: Prabhat Chand
- Teacher: Deepak Ghadigaonkar
- Teacher: Shyam Kanagarajan
- Teacher: Arun Kandasamy
- Teacher: Abhishek Khatri
- Teacher: Jayant Mahadevan
- Teacher: Diptadhi Mukherjee
- Teacher: Sanchitha R
- Teacher: Darshan S
- Teacher: Monisha S
- Teacher: Prakrithi Shivaprakash
- Teacher: Lekhansh Shukla
- Teacher: Gaurav Kumar Singh
- Teacher: Rahul Verma
- ದಾಖಲಾಗಿರುವ ವಿದ್ಯಾರ್ಥಿಗಳು: 58
A Digital course in the Blended learning format spread over 3 months (12 live sessions and self paced reading materials on LMS): 30hrs approximately
On course completion, the learner should be able to meet the following objectives:
1. Identification, screening for tobacco abuse and Tobacco use disorder and factors influencing it
2. Assess the severity of tobacco addiction by using an objective scale
3. Practice basic counseling and communication skills and brief psychosocial intervention
4. Prescribe over the counter Nicotine replacement therapy
5. Decision making about what can be managed by them and what needs to be referred to.
More details: https://a.vknnimhans.in/CTCCCJan23
- ದಾಖಲಾಗಿರುವ ವಿದ್ಯಾರ್ಥಿಗಳು: There are no students enrolled in this course.
2021 July: Running . More details https://vknnimhans.in/2021-july-ccboam/
2021: Full and Running
Adolescents are experimenting with drugs much earlier, placing them at a higher risk for addiction and related harm. Substance use has a substantial impact on not only on the user’s physical and mental health, but also has devastating consequences for the family and society at large. The growing problem of addictions (alcohol, drugs and behavioral health issues like gambling and internet addiction) on the one hand and lack of trained service providers on the other hand, led to a huge “treatment gap”. There is an urgent need to bridge this treatment gap in this specialized area of public health importance.
2. MD/DPM/DNB Psychiatry Residents (Completed or Ongoing).
3. Doctors (MBBS or above) who have completed the online “Certificate course in Basics of Addiction Management” course from CAM and VKN NDA ECHO.
1. Becoming equipped to handle patients with addiction related issues
2. Focusing on patient-centric care and increasing knowledge about evidence-based practice for addictive disorders
3. Becoming part of an addiction treatment experts network and real-time access and interaction with like-minded clinicians
4. Certificate of completion if fulfilling the course requirements
5. Option of Friday one to one e-consult facility with addiction experts from NIMHANS