Welcome😀 (2nd Cycle: Oct 22 to Sept 23)
- This is a learning repository for Trainees, Residents, Faculty and staff of Centre for Addiction Medicine.
- The access will be during the duration of posting at the Centre for Addiction Medicine and also after completion of the posting.
- This also will have materials for weekly academic CAM
- Please use hyperlinks for uploading rather than full material in view of space constraints in the cloud.
This is a Continued Professional Development Course of 30 hrs approximately: 4 months
On course completion, one should be able to:
Incorporate Screening and Brief intervention in their clinical practice
Differentiating the various factors leading to Addiction/abuse by integrating hereditary, neurobiological and Psycho-social factors for a holistic approach
Select appropriate and safe pharmacological agents on the basis of best evidence as well as the patient profile for alcohol use disorder
Review psychosocial management
Decision making in referring the patient to expert
Welcome😀 (CAM Oct 21-Sept 22)
- This is learning repository for Trainees, Residents, Faculty and staff working at Centre for Addiction Medicine
- The access will be during the duration of posting at Centre for Addiction Medicine.
- This also will have materials for weekly academic of CAM
- Please use hyperlink for uploading rather than full material in view of space constraint in cloud.
- Teacher: Prabhat Chand
- Teacher: Deepak Ghadigaonkar
- Teacher: Shyam Kanagarajan
- Teacher: Arun Kandasamy
- Teacher: Abhishek Khatri
- Teacher: Jayant Mahadevan
- Teacher: Diptadhi Mukherjee
- Teacher: Sanchitha R
- Teacher: Darshan S
- Teacher: Monisha S
- Teacher: Prakrithi Shivaprakash
- Teacher: Lekhansh Shukla
- Teacher: Gaurav Kumar Singh
- Teacher: Rahul Verma
- Enrolled students: 52
A Digital course in the Blended learning format spread over 3 months (12 live sessions and self paced reading materials on LMS): 30hrs approximately
On course completion, the learner should be able to meet the following objectives:
1. Identification, screening for tobacco abuse and Tobacco use disorder and factors influencing it
2. Assess the severity of tobacco addiction by using an objective scale
3. Practice basic counseling and communication skills and brief psychosocial intervention
4. Prescribe over the counter Nicotine replacement therapy
5. Decision making about what can be managed by them and what needs to be referred to.
More details: https://a.vknnimhans.in/CTCCC
1. Identify the mental health disorders like Anxiety disorders, Depressive Disorders, Alcohol use Disorders, Nicotine use disorders, and Psychotic disorders
2. Formulate the pharmacological treatment for Depressive disorders, Anxiety disorders, Alcohol use disorders and nicotine use disorders
3. Prioritize what can be managed by you and what needs to be referred to Specialist